|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
Job DescriptionJob Number 23204226
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location W Dubai - The Palm, West Crescent, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests. Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys. Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions. Verify/adjust billing for guests. Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room. Advise guest of messages. Clear departures in computer system. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns. File guest paperwork or documentation. Operate telephone switchboard station. Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports. Supply guests with directions and information. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests’ satisfaction. Arrange transportation for guests/visitors. Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift. Cash-guests' checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, and provide change. Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any reports of theft.
Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees. Comply with quality assurance standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Full compliance with Marriott policies and procedures.
- Adhere to International Summary Risk Assessment and Control Self-Assessment Audits.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g., Saflok) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Ask for and enter Marriott Rewards information (e.g., number, name, address) when taking reservation or checking guest in.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Clear departures in computer system to document that rooms are no longer occupied.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Run credit card authorization report and check for discrepancies.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/residents/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Provide change to guests.
- Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Count bank at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Customer Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent Related Work Experience No related work experience is required Supervisory Experience No supervisory experience is required
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you