|Published||November 18, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as
Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Waiter/ress to join the F&B team in Jumeirah Mina A' Salam Hotel. This position is specific for the Signature Greek Restaurant Shimmers on the beach.
The main responsibilities are:
- Greet guests with warm welcome and smile. Escort them to their tables. Answer inquiries about food and beverage items on the menu.
- Assist guests by explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods, where applicable.
- Be aware of allergy information on menu items and inform guests where needed or inquired.
- Inform guests of daily specials or special items/promotions not listed on menu.
- Check customer's identification to ensure they meet alcohol legal age requirements or
requirements as per local law.
- Offer food and wine suggestions. Take food and beverage orders accurately including any special requests. Inform Kitchen as per the request.
- Input the order into PO System, if needed
- Work with bartenders to fill beverage orders. Work with kitchen staff to process and expedite food orders.
- Deliver and serve food at tables. Use established food handling and serving techniques as per Jumeirah standards.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Proficient in spoken business English.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of colleagues and management at all levels.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a 5* luxury hotel.
- Capable to work outdoors in a fast-paced environment.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.