|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||February 11, 2021|
Merchandising / Category Management
Training Delivery Manager
Job ID: 1421231 | Amazon Web Services MENA FZ
Job Title: Training Delivery Manager
Location: Dubai, UAE
Reports to: EMEA Delivery Manager
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. AWS is growing very rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value.
As AWS continues to grow the need for Training & Certification (T&C) continues to expand. Customer demand drives this need, so does the need to intelligently manage how AWS T&C deliver training to its customers, ensuring the right resources are available with the right skills, in the right location at the right time. AWS Training and Certification team is looking for a proven and an experienced leader to on-board, manage, and develop a team of Technical Trainers in order to deliver world-class AWS Training and Certification products.
The complexities surrounding delivery of training are centred around:
- Driving customer satisfaction through great instructors
- Balancing resources in a way that optimizes availability in each country whilst maintaining utilization goals
- Enabling the rapid and flexible development of custom courses to ensure each customer has the best solutions that deliver the outcomes they want
- Working with Operations to optimally schedule deliveries against customer needs
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in EMEA.
- Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Manage the recruitment and development of a team of internal trainers
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
The key skills for the Delivery Manager include:
- 7-10 years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration
- 2-5 years of experience leading small to medium sized teams
- Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
- Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required
- Recent experience architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
- Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C#, .Net, PHP, Ruby, Python, PowerShell, or shell scripting.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
- Proven record of developing and retaining top technical trainer talent
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content
- Ability to travel globally. Travel will be about 50% for the first year.