|Published||November 8, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Engineering / MEP|
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Living Marina Gate is a destination for urban living in Dubai’s upbeat Marina, ideal for those looking for a space that caters to work and play. Sitting boldly in the waterfront, Jumeirah Living Marina Gate redefines the standard of living by offering exclusive range of facilities and amenities including an infinity pool overlooking Dubai Marina, along a-state-of-the-art fitness center and Amara Lounge. An exciting feeling of accomplishment and excitement envelops this destination that long and short-term guests confidently call home.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technician (Painter) to join our amazing Engineering team in Jumeirah Living Marina Gate. The main purpose of the role is to carry out skilled maintenance and repairs related to the section.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are to:
- To carry out repairs, maintenance, construction works as directed
- To complete work orders, PPMs, as directed
- To select correct materials from Engineering stores
- To organise work in a skilled and professional manner
- To advise supervisor colleagues promptly of any problems on failures
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and colleagues and report to Senior colleagues of any unsafe working conditions
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition
- Request support and direction as needed
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Vocational certificate in requisite field of Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 Years in a similar position in a 5-star hospitality environment.
- Knowledge of FLS
- Good verbal and written English
- Flexible with guest requests
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to work independently
About the Benefits:
This position offers an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.