|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses know as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join the team of Jumeirah Al Qasr. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Supervises effectiveness of workflow and sequence of service during service periods and provides constant hands-on support.
- Supervises closely and monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with JI Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring JI and MJ procedures for CSI and Compliant Handling are followed.
- Informs Outlet Manager or Assistant Manager of any complaints, negative feedback from guest after they first try to resolve.
- Actively uses the database of customer details and history to assist in guest recognition.
- Advices the Outlet Manager or Assistant Outlet Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/ deletion of SOPs.
- Conduct performance evaluations of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Responsible to assist management in the identification and recognition of any example of “excellence in service or teamwork”.
- Conduct regular briefings and training sessions to ensure all colleagues receive the information necessary to perform their jobs.
- Assist in controlling department forms and records according to the JI standards for document control, including (but not limited to):
- Attendance data for colleagues
- Colleague records
- Daily Briefing Sheets
- P&L analysis
- Budgetary reports
- Telephone Test Call Results
- CSI & Customer Feedback
- Guest History Forms
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in English and a second language (Russian, German, Arabic or French) would be an added advantage.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Supervisor, Captain or a Team Leader in a luxury hotel.
- Food and alcohol handling certifications.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.