|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Fujairah, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
Job Description Summary:
The Sushi Chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing and filleting various kinds of fish and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. To be successful as a sushi chef, you should ensure that all ingredients used in dishes are of the highest quality. Ultimately, an exceptional sushi chef should work well under pressure and maintain restaurant quality standards during busy periods.
People Skills, Core Culinary Skills, Product Knowledge, Quality and Food Safety, Profit Knowledge and Waste Control
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cutting, slicing and filleting different types of fish and vegetables
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the STL when quality is sub-standard
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use
- Greeting and communicating with customers to ensure that they feel valued as our customer
This job posting describes the general duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Sushi Chef in a 5-star hotel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- The ability to work under pressure with sound judgement