|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
A sustainable hospitality leader in the capital, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort is a breadth of fresh air offering an eco-friendly stay amidst contemporary surroundings on the Abu Dhabi coastline. Surrounded by natural beauty and conceived to care for every aspect for guest wellbeing, the resort resembles a perennial summerhouse where visitors can experience Abu Dhabi Island life at its best. The luxury beachfront resort is home to seven world-class restaurants and bars, three swimming pools and the award-winning SPA featuring an extensive menu of specialized treatments and exclusive products from all around the world. In addition to this, guests can utilize wide range of leisure facilities including a mixed and ladies-only gym, a kids club and a tennis court. Boasting 400 meters of pristine private beach and sand dunes, the resort is anchored on one of the most desirable beach locations in the UAE and was conceived with the environment in mind having implemented eco-friendly strategies and initiatives since its launch in 2018.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Stewarding Team Leader to join our Food and Beverage Department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To perform and execute back of the house cleaning and sanitation duties and ensuring the highest standards of cleaning, hygiene and sanitation at all times.
- Supervise the functions of all Stewards as per assigned shift.
- Schedules preventive maintenance work and coordinate with Engineering.
- To ensure that all kitchen areas and Food & Beverage Back of the House areas are cleaned up to the prescribed Cleanliness and Hygiene Standards.
- Checks the Buffet set-up, kitchen mise en place and ensures the required preparations are up to the prescribed standards.
- Perform twice weekly Cleaning Supplies and Chemical Inventory.
- Prepare twice weekly Cleaning Supplies and Chemical Requisition for prior approval of Chief /Assistant Manager, Stewarding and final approval of Executive Chef/ F&B Manager.
- To minimize cost through breakage control, loss prevention and economical supplies and chemical usage.
- To ensure that dishwashing, pot washing, and glass washing machines are properly maintained and performing up to the required standard.
- To ensure the safe and correct usage/utilization of stewarding machineries and equipment such as, Dishwashing, Pot Washing, Glass Washing, Burnishing Machines. This also includes wet and dry vacuums, floor scrubbers and Garbage Transport Vans.
- Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 2 years experience in similar position.
- Experience in Luxury Hotels
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.