|Published||November 16, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.
Limitless curiosity is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a multi award winning vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our amazing Sports and Leisure Department at Zabeel House by Jumeirah the Greens. The main purpose of the role is to manage and monitor the property Sports and Leisure services provided by its various functions while support and guide Sport and Leisure colleagues to their day-to-day activities that will enable the smooth and efficient operations of the team in adherence to Company standards.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them into the log book.
- Issue the consultation forms to the spa guests and membership application forms to potential members.
- Ensure that team members are appraised, consulted and developed for mutual benefit and continuous growth
- Designing and promoting activities to meet customer demand and generate revenue
- Ensures that the Reception desk is manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times.
- Displays high product knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel.
- Carrying out health & safety on facility and plant (snag list) and arranging for maintenance, repairs and cleaning of facility and equipment
- Maintaining the Jumeirah high levels of customer service with the focus of avoiding the loss of existing members and achieving set customer service standards
- To actively promote and encourage participation of guests and club members in activities
- Monitor the new member journey tracker and ensure that all PT’s are following the set standards.
- Performance management of colleagues when required to ensure high levels of consistency throughout the operation
- Update all information given by guests on the guest file provided and is updated accurately following the Jumeirah Data Quality Standards.
- Track and monitor the results of the department & individual KPI’s on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Spa & Retail department including (but not limited to) Spa, Retail and Fitness
- Assist in the development of a PR and Marketing plan in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing team.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Possess Personal Training Certification from reputable organisation such as The American Council on Exercise (ACE) or similar with an equivalent of REPS level 3
- Experience working in the Health and Fitness industry in a 5 star Hospitality environment
- High level of written and verbal business English
- Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests
- Organised and able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills;
- The ability to work within, as well as to lead and motivate, a team;
- A customer-focused, approachable and outgoing personality;
About the Benefits:
This position offers an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.