|Published||November 13, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Accounts / Audit / Taxation / Company Secretary|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 119346
Do you see yourself as a Sous Chef - Sushi Specialty for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Contributes to the development of new dishes and products.
- Supports the coordination of special events and inclusive food promotions.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of products, including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends, providing recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations.
- Adheres to the FBM daily orders.
- Participates in the planning and costing of menus.
- Develops and documents standard recipes.
- Ensures the retention of excellent culinary technical skills.
- Ensures the upkeep of a hygienic kitchen environment.
- Prioritizes cleanliness in the kitchen and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains personal hygiene and encourages colleagues to follow good hygiene practices.
- Assists in forecasting future staffing needs.
- Prepares and administers a detailed induction program for new staff.
- Contributes to the maintenance of comprehensive, current, and guest-focused departmental standards and procedures, overseeing their implementation.
- Ensures a thorough training needs analysis of kitchen staff and the design and implementation of training programs to meet those needs.
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions following company guidelines.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines staff, offering constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Regularly communicates with staff, fostering positive relations.
- Plans and approves leave requests after considering hotel occupancies
- Assists in coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget.
- Controls and monitors departmental costs continually to ensure performance against the budget.
What we need from you
- Must have similar experience working in either a luxury restaurant or a 5* hotel environment particularly in Sushi & Japanese Cuisine
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to lead a large team
- Committed to serving food of the highest quality
- Has a passion for cooking and creating new menu
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.