|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Restaurants
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award- winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts is a leading luxury hospitality brand that operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties, comprising beachfront resorts, city hotels, and luxury serviced residences across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Restaurants is a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider, with an iconic portfolio of acclaimed homegrown brands, specializing in the innovation, nurture and operation of sustainable food and beverage concepts ranging from premium-casual to quick-service restaurants and casual dining venues. Jumeirah Restaurant’s current owned portfolio consists of nine brands including: The Noodle House, Flow, Pai Thai, Trattoria, The Duck Hook, Hillhouse Brasserie, Boaz, Butcha and The Bolt Hole. In addition to operating its owned venues, Jumeirah Restaurants is responsible for Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts’ dining strategy, acting as a consultative arm for the wealth of exceptional culinary experiences and signature venues across Jumeirah’s portfolio.
About the Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Sous Chef to join the team of Flow. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop new menu ideas to ensure all menus are seasonal and creative using the finest ingredients and working within brand guidelines
- Engage with guests, gathering feedback on menu items and experiences. Collaborate with front-of-house staff to ensure smooth service and address any menu-related customer inquiries or concerns.
- Manage staff training and maintain an active training plan for each team member, making sure all practices that are trained are then followed.
- Implement approved departmental policies, process, procedures and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to guests and maintaining standards of excellence
- Ensure that the designated section, equipment’s, and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the restaurant
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are being followed and completed to the required business standard
- Manage and implement all Food management systems, including HACCP and in house company best practices
- Assist in developing cost-effective menus by analyzing ingredient costs, portion sizes, and pricing strategies. Monitor expenses, suggest cost-saving measures, and contribute to budget planning to maintain profitability without compromising quality.
- Oversee the quality of ingredients received, ensuring they meet the coffee shop's standards. Manage inventory levels, conduct regular stock checks, and collaborate with suppliers to maintain adequate stock while minimizing waste.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Fluent in English and an additional language is ideal.
- Experience in a similar position in a restaurant or outlet of a similar concept.
- Creativity and exceptional culinary skills.
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chef’s training course.
About the Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.