|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Senior Vice President UAE Cargo - 210000K5
Closing date: Aug 25, 2021
The purpose of this position is to plan and direct the provision of safe, efficient and sustainably profitable cargo handling services at DXB & DWC, delivering service levels which meet or exceed customer expectations. Defines and delivers dnata cargo operations long term U.A.E Strategy, whilst fulfilling dnata’ s vision to be the world's most admired air services provider.
- Plans, develops and maintains strong and effective working relationships with the UAE airline and freight forwarder community, authorities as well with Emirates and Fly Dubai. Closely liaises with dnata support departments and other organisations operating at Dubai International and Dubai World Central Airports to ensure overall business objectives are met. Interacts and influences the unit's customers, world-wide business partners and service providers to develop and improve business relationships.
- Develops the broad functional strategy and ensures it is cascaded down to the departments; implements framework and processes which will allow dnata Cargo to maximise operational and commercial synergies across the various dnata businesses. This includes an exchange of best practices to ensure dnata develops best of breed solutions across its businesses. Ensures corporate strategy and direction of each business unit is consistent and compatible with dnata’s overall vision, mission and values.
- Ensures proper oversight, monitoring and governance of each cargo handling location across the UAE, establishes a regular reporting mechanism to ensure there is a timely and consistent reporting.
- Develops and leads as dnata’s representative the U.A.E Joint Venture /fully owned logistics companies as Board Member, focusing it on strategic matters, overseeing the Group's business and setting high governance standards.
- Monitors operational, safety and financial performance across each of dnata’s handling location. Monitors KPIs for service performance and ensures that these KPIs are met consistently by each business.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategies and plans to ensure that cargo activities in the UAE meet revenue, cost and profitability targets, so that operating costs, revenue and profitability are monitored and exceeded where possible.
- Leads with Safety by ensuring that decisions are made with safety in mind, role models safety behaviours and holds direct reports accountable for fulfilling their roles in line with the safety vision.
- Ensures that the recruitment, development and motivation of reporting staff is managed to achieve agreed and established business objectives.
- Ensures that all cargo handling activities are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best in class safety and service standards. Liaises closely with dnata airport operation in developing DWC as the future hub for dnata in the UAE in line with Dubai Airports strategic plans.
- Provides leadership and ensures quality objectives are defined and communicated to the business and these are achieved by appropriate monitoring and measurement; establishes a framework for continuous improvement in accordance with industry benchmarks and best practice.
- Implements customer service standards for cargo which will allow dnata to maximise the operational and commercial synergies across the various companies and ensures through monitoring and suitable action programmes, that these are achieved.
- Examines, assesses with other divisions and capitalises on suitable logistics related business opportunities worldwide by negotiating and entering into profitable commercial agreements where the risks are assessed and limited.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with preferably a post-graduate qualification in Business Management
You should have more than 15 years’ experience in aviation or cargo Ground Handling in a senior leadership role, extensive experience in all aspects of cargo operations and of leading large team of professional, skilled, and semi- skilled employees.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen to oversee all aspects of each company's business.
- Thorough knowledge of the international Quality Standard, TQM principles and Decision Support Systems
- Expert Management Skills
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Advanced Negotiation Skills
- Advanced Quality Orientation Skills
- Advanced Budget and Cost Control Skills
- Advanced IT and Computer Literacy
- Advanced Safety Awareness Skills
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers