|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
Doctor / Nurse / Paramedics / Hospital Technicians
School Nurse (Immediate)
Business Unit: GEMS Founders School – Dubai
Location: UAE – Dubai
Closing Date 12-Sep-2021
About the Role
- You will ensure that students and parents adhere to, and are well informed of immunization programs as per DHA guidelines.
- You will monitor the school's maintenance and hygiene, particularly in areas such as the clinic, cafeteria, etc.
- You should be available to students and staff to address their immediate medical needs, providing a source of medical advice.
- You must maintain comprehensive medical records of all students as regulated by the DHA.
- You must establish procedures for providing first aid in cases of accidents or illness on the school campus or during school functions.
- You must refer accidents or illnesses appropriately to the school doctor or hospitals, and inform parents and the school Principal.
- You must be present for all student-related activities on campus.
- You must keep up to date with current medical practices and regulations, as prescribed by Governmental authorities.
About Your Benefits
52 Calendar days Annual Leave,
Tuition fee concession for 1 child
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GFS (GEMS Founders School) opened its doors to over 1800 students in September 2016 from FS1 – Year 8. This is the most successful school opening in GEMS history in terms of enrolment. In September 2017 we welcomed over 3500 students and extended the school to Year 9. Since opening, we have established a positive learning environment for our children and staff following the National Curriculum for England. We have three main pillars that are being embedding at GFS: Languages and Cultural Understanding, Character and Mindfulness. As a British international school with over 100 nationalities, it is important that we value all our languages and cultural understanding and we use this as a catalyst to embrace the culture, history and beliefs of our student body. Mindfulness allows us to interweave the practice of being mindful in the everyday life of our children and we believe will have positive long-term effects on the students’ academic results. In September 2018 we opened our Year 10 and Year 12, IGCSE and A Level curriculum, and started that year with 3800 children as we reached nearly full capacity. Now in 2020 we are at full capacity with 4260 children form FS1 – Year 13. We have completed two DSIB inspections and been rated Good by both with the most recent one also recognising some Outstanding features. We are fully BSO (British Schools Overseas) accredited gaining 5 Outstanding and 3 Good judgements in 2019 and this allows us to offer the NQT, QTS and iPGCE programmes through the TES Institute for our teachers. GEMS Founders School is a truly unique school and anyone who comes to work here has a unique opportunity to leave their mark. You will have the opportunity to Grow, Flourish and Succeed at GFS.
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.