|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Schedule Development & Slots Portfolio Manager - 210000K2
Closing date: Aug 25, 2021
Manage the creation and development of the current and medium term Operating Plans considering all critical scheduling challenges and resource constraints so as to align with Emirates Long-term Plan (consisting of multiple yearly Operating Plans). This is directed to achieve effective capacity, asset and product deployment in line with the systematic strategic network growth and business growth of Emirates. Develop and present multiple scheduling scenarios in response to changes in market dynamics thereby maintaining the integrity of the current Operating Plan and the strategic direction of the network growth. Manage a diverse worldwide airport slot portfolio for Emirates encompassing the current and future Emirates network. Design and recommend alternate hub strategies at Dubai to enable future fleet expansion beyond current Long-term Plan commitments and to counter future Dubai and out-station airport capacity congestion and constraints. Effectively lead the schedule distribution process and its team responsible for publishing the Operating Plan on the company?s internal system and manage the accurate and timely distribution of Emirates Operating/ Marketing flight schedules to all internal and external entities, this is essential to the achievement of Emirates revenue budget. Be responsible for the Schedule Planning Systems, its maintenance and enhancement, to optimise its usage for the Schedule Planning function and to integrate it with other major internal and external systems.
- Manage the creation and development of the Current and Medium-term Operating Plans considering all critical scheduling challenges and resource constraints to optimise asset utilisation, improve schedule productivity and enhance network connectivity. Negotiate with various internal and external stakeholders comprising Commercial, Operational, Engineering, Crew planning and airport slot coordinators to develop an optimised and productive schedule in line with Emirates Long-term Plan (consisting of multiple yearly Operating Plans).
- Develop and present multiple scheduling scenarios in response to changes in market dynamics thereby maintaining the integrity of the current Operating Plan and the strategic direction of the network growth. Devise innovative options to effectively manage capacity, asset and product deployment in line with the systematic strategic network growth and business growth of Emirates. Augment flight connectivity options at Dubai airport to enable Emirates to fully exploit the potential of sixth freedom traffic, which is the major component of Emirates total revenue.
- Develop and manage a diverse worldwide airport slot portfolio based on current and future network slot requirements. Analyse slot availability at airports on EK network and proactively assess the impact of airport slot constraints and air traffic congestion to determine any required modifications to Emirates current Operating Plan and Long-term Plans. Establish effective processes to monitor `slot compliance management in coordination with ENCOM team, Network Control Centre and Airport Slot Monitoring authorities and ensure adherence to slot compliance as per IATA guidelines.
- Participate in airport slots negotiations along with Manager Schedule Planning at the bi-annual IATA slots meetings, with the sole objective of securing desired takeoff and landing slots for Emirates. Explore opportunities for slot swaps with other airlines that would benefit Emirates and strengthen its slots holding.
- Optimise network connectivity at Dubai Hub by continuously analysing and optimising peak hub activity to maximise capacity, asset and resource utilisation at Dubai airport. Formulate innovative schedule options to manage constraints at Dubai arising from the limitations of infrastructure, contact gates, remote stands and terminal capacity. Develop effective solutions and recommend surgical actions to the Operating Plan thereby eliminating potential Dubai airport capacity breaches and ensure that the integrity of Emirates Operating Plan is not jeopardised.
- Manage the schedule distribution process, system and team to ensure effective distribution of Emirates? Operating/ Marketing flight schedule data to internal departments and MARS, as well as to external entities (GDS/ CRS/ OAG/INNOVATA). Formulate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that accurate information is displayed in sync in all these schedule distribution systems and confidential information is not released in public domain prematurely. The timely and accurate execution of this process is the critical first step in the achievement of Emirates revenue budget.
- Manage the schedule data sharing process with Emirates code share partners, specifically the timely and accurate exchange of schedule data. Build healthy professional working relationships with key individuals in Planning and Codeshare / Airline Cooperation units in partner airlines so as to influence their schedule planning process to enhance inter-airline network connectivity which will be mutually beneficial for Emirates and the partner airline. This will ensure maximising the return from the airline codeshare relationship for Emirates
- Audit the automation and continuous enhancement of Emirates schedule planning systems through the design, development and implementation of solutions, with particular reference to seamless data exchange requirements for speedy and accurate schedule delivery.
- Facilitate Schedule Planning System (AirVision) integration with other major systems within the department and company, viz. MARS, CORE, SKYNET, LIDO, RMS, ADOPT, POWER, AOMIS, etc., thus ensuring accurate and seamless flow of schedule information through automated process critical to the decision making process across the company?s functional areas and crucial to the successful implementation of Emirates current and future Operating Plans.
Qualifications & Experience
Commercial/Sales.Other : 5+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
- University degree preferably in Aviation Management, Seven years in the airline industry, with a minimum of five years experience in international flight scheduling, slot portfolio development and slot valuation, at least two of which should have been in a supervisory or managerial capacity. Knowledge/skills:
- Expert in flight scheduling. In-depth knowledge of: IATA SSIM chapter 4
- Standard schedules message procedure. IATA SSIM chapter 6
- Airport Co-ordination /Advise Procedures IATA SSIM chapter 7
- Presentation and transfer of schedule data set. IATA Schedule Co-ordination Course Broad knowledge of commercial, operational, and financial aspects of the airline that directly influence schedule planning functions.
- Computer literate with expertise in Scheduling Systems and thorough knowledge of IATA slot guidelines and global schedule distribution systems and data transfer mechanisms.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and negotiation skills.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers