|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Sales / Marketing / Business Development|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Hotel: Abu Dhabi (AUHHA), King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud Street,, 4171
Job number: 113510
We are looking for a Sales Manager who will be responsible to manage sales activities and events inline with the annual sales and marketing plan and to achieve/exceed budget and sales strategy for your hotel. To promote the desired work culture around the five winning ways – Aim higher, Work better together, Celebrate the difference, Do we care.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Monitors competitors’ activities and assists in marketing intelligence.
- Refers sales leads to appropriate personnel within the InterContinental Hotels Group.
- Sells to new, existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales
- Strategy, negotiating optimum rate for the benefit of the business.
- Services existing business through management of account bases.
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls (minimum of 25 sales calls)
- Provides direction on, and conducts market
- Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business.
- Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximise business.
- Initiates and prepares tenders for business.
- Assesses sales and marketing data.
- Assists with the preparation of new products and services.
- Assists in the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
- Analyses sales mix and likely impac
- Actively solicit and book business following hotel standards.
- Attend Industry Exhibitions to represent the hotels in front of prospect clients.
- Grows existing business and establishes and pursues leads which will develop business
- Initiates and prepares tenders for business
- Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximize business.
- Services existing business through management of account bases
- Manage Accounts and ensure the constant generation of new corporate prospects for self
- Work within the company’s Human Resource Management System to ensure the departmental
- performance of staff is productive.
- Prepare detailed induction programmes for new staff.
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and
- procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of your departmental staff is carried ou
- Programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Actively work at developing your staff and identify high potentials.
- Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure they do the same for their staff.
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relations
- Conduct client interviews to touch-base feedback and create future opportunities
- Entertain clients three times minimum per week to break the ice / promote the hotel’s facilities
- and to grow relationships
- Plan and conduct familiarization tours and site inspections.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company
- standards including:
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling g
- Anticipate guest’s needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the g
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the same field Sales & Hospitality
- Good communication skills
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.