|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Sales / Marketing / Business Development|
Banyan Tree Group is one of the world’s leading independent, multi-branded hospitality groups centered on the purpose-driven mission of stewardship and wellbeing while offering exceptional, design-led experiences.
The Group’s diversified portfolio of hotels, resorts, spas, galleries, golf and residences features an ecosystem of 10 global brands, including the award-winning Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa and Laguna, and the highly anticipated new brands of Homm, Garrya, Folio, and two new Banyan Tree brand extensions - Escape and Veya.
Established in 2008, with the goal of advancing people development and management excellence, Banyan Tree Management Academy has nurtured over 10,000 associates across 23 countries. The Group is recognised for its commitment to environmental protection and community development through its Banyan Tree Global Foundation. Operating over 70 hotels in 17 countries, it has over 50 new properties in the pipeline.
Banyan Tree Dubai is a lively, island escape where stylish stays, incredible dining, warm hospitality, and recreation create lasting memories. Fronted by 500m of a pristine, private beach with uninterrupted views of the Arabian Gulf and backed by the iconic Ain Dubai. With the ambience of a sleek, relaxed, luxe island getaway, Banyan Tree Dubai boasts 3 chilled outdoor pools, fully-serviced beach, award-winning Banyan Tree Spa, a ﬁtness center and 7 dining options.
A Sales Executive is responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, building and maintaining client relationships, and achieving sales targets. Key responsibilities often include prospecting for potential clients, presenting product/service offerings, negotiating contracts, and collaborating with internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction. Sales Executives typically need to stay updated on industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions to effectively contribute to the growth of the company's sales and revenue. Effective communication, strong interpersonal skills, and a results-oriented approach are essential traits for success in this role.
Prospecting and Lead Generation:
- Identify and research potential clients.
- Generate leads through various channels, including networking and cold calling.
Client Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Understand client needs and propose suitable products/services.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
Sales Presentations and Negotiations:
- Present products/services to potential clients.
- Negotiate contracts and terms to meet both client and company needs.
Sales Target Achievement:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Monitor and analyse sales performance.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and competitor activities.
- Provide feedback to the team on market dynamics.
- Work closely with internal teams, including marketing and customer support, to enhance overall customer experience.
- To constantly check filing / tracing system and give advice for improvement.
- To disseminate hotel information (by mail) to regional sales offices and other Banyan Tree hotels and outside guests as needed.
- To assist Sales Manager with issuing annual contract and related activities.
- To establish and maintain effective employee relations through prompt response and helpful attitude.
- To conduct site inspection and handle guests inquires on behalf of Sales Manager when required.
- To communicated on a professional level with all tour operators.
- To design easy-to read format for various report as instructed by Sales Manager.
- Maintains comprehensive filing system.
- Be punctual at work.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Proven experience as a Sales Executive or in a similar sales role.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Fluency in verbal and written English is essential – an additional language eg Arabic would be an advantage
- Must be a highly capable user of Microsoft office programmes including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous working experience in a truly global work environment is essential.