|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
A sustainable hospitality leader in the capital, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort is a breadth of fresh air offering an eco-friendly stay amidst contemporary surroundings on the Abu Dhabi coastline. Surrounded by natural beauty and conceived to care for every aspect for guest wellbeing, the resort resembles a perennial summerhouse where visitors can experience Abu Dhabi Island life at its best. The luxury beachfront resort is home to seven world-class restaurants and bars, three swimming pools and the award-winning SPA featuring an extensive menu of specialized treatments and exclusive products from all around the world. In addition to this, guests can utilize wide range of leisure facilities including a mixed and ladies-only gym, a kids club and a tennis court. Boasting 400 meters of pristine private beach and sand dunes, the resort is anchored on one of the most desirable beach locations in the UAE and was conceived with the environment in mind having implemented eco-friendly strategies and initiatives since its launch in 2018.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Restaurant Reservations Agent to join Food & Beverage Department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Controls restaurant reservations for all Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Restaurant outlets.
- Ensures that all group reservations in the outlets are handled properly and that function sheets are issued on time with all relevant details to guarantee the success of the event.
- Maintains and updates the Restaurant Reservations System on a regular basis.
- Ensures a smooth day-to-day operation of the Restaurant Reservations Office.
- Ensures that a detailed training schedule for all employees in the department is maintained and training is carried out accordingly.
- Attends the F & B briefing/meetings as required.
- Liaises closely with the F & B Management Team and all Outlet Managers to achieve the best possible communication.
- Promotes the restaurants by establishing incentives schemes and special packages for Tour Operators, Travel Agencies and Abu Dhabi hotels.
- Uses Revenue and Yield management techniques wherever possible to optimize outlet utilization and to maximize outlet revenues.
- Provides the F&B Manager with statistical information about the F&B outlets at the end of each month or on request.
- Issues reservations reports on a monthly basis.
- Works on achieving the best possible personalized service for all guests.
- Coordinates and monitors the reservations for special events such as Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc. work closely with team leader.
- To maintain a high level of communication and feedback within the department such as in monthly departmental meeting, weekly operations meeting, quarterly feedback session, annual feedback session.
- Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience in similar position
- Must hold a college diploma or equivalent in a hospitality related field
- Both written and spoken English Literacy in is a must. Proficiency in any other languages is also preferred
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.