|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Fujairah, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Fujairah
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 119469
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Restaurant Host/Hostess, you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Be attentive to guest’s needs
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in hotels in similar position
- Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations preferred.
- Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with any local legislative requirements.
- Good command of English language, both oral and written. Other languages preferred.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Belong.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether