|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Banyan Tree Group is one of the world’s leading independent, multi-branded hospitality groups centered on the purpose-driven mission of stewardship and wellbeing while offering exceptional, design-led experiences.
The Group’s diversified portfolio of hotels, resorts, spas, galleries, golf and residences features an ecosystem of 10 global brands, including the award-winning Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa and Laguna, and the highly anticipated new brands of Homm, Garrya, Folio, and two new Banyan Tree brand extensions - Escape and Veya.
Established in 2008, with the goal of advancing people development and management excellence, Banyan Tree Management Academy has nurtured over 10,000 associates across 23 countries. The Group is recognised for its commitment to environmental protection and community development through its Banyan Tree Global Foundation. Operating over 70 hotels in 17 countries, it has over 50 new properties in the pipeline.
Banyan Tree Dubai is a lively, island escape where stylish stays, incredible dining, warm hospitality, and recreation create lasting memories. Fronted by 500m of a pristine, private beach with uninterrupted views of the Arabian Gulf and backed by the iconic Ain Dubai. With the ambience of a sleek, relaxed, luxe island getaway, Banyan Tree Dubai boasts 3 chilled outdoor pools, fully-serviced beach, award-winning Banyan Tree Spa, a ﬁtness center and 7 dining options.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Food & Beverage, the role is to ensure that all guests have an engaging and dynamic experience. The incumbent leads and drives the hotel’s vision by ensuring consistent use of established tools by all Food & Beverage (F&B) employees. Responsibilities include coordinating, supervising, and directing restaurant operations to maintain a profitable department with high-quality products and service levels. The individual is expected to market ideas for business promotion, reduce employee turnover, manage revenue and payroll budgets, and achieve budgeted productivity while consistently maintaining high quality.
- Drive the promotion of the restaurant business and actively expand the customer database.
- Cultivate and sustain professional relationships with all third-party Food & Beverage partners.
- Ensure adherence to Banyan Tree standards, maintaining the consistent ethos of the restaurant.
- Foster compliance with local liquor, health, and sanitation regulations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all restaurant team members during shifts and events.
- Enforce accountability among staff for upholding the highest standards of uniform and grooming.
- Ensure consistent and proper communication to staff through various channels (verbal, email, memos, etc.).
- Monitor departmental performance in relation to restaurant budgets.
- Monitor and manage inventory to align with the budgeted cost of sales.
- Proactively seek and organize events to generate revenue for the property.
- Enforce accountability among staff for delivering an engaging and dynamic guest experience to all property guests.
- Continuously monitor the quality of service and products provided on the property.
- Collaborate on the scheduling needs of departmental staff.
- Provide ongoing training to staff to uphold service standards.
- Coordinate menu sponsorship deals and menu product placements.
- Act as the direct liaison to the Engineering and Housekeeping Departments, overseeing the maintenance of the property’s functionality and overall appearance.
- Conduct employee interviews and contribute to talent selection.
- Conduct annual and periodic assessments of employee performance, providing constructive feedback throughout the year.
People & Culture
- Foster a positive and structured work environment which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
- Work alongside with the People & Culture leader to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the Heartist.
- Hire new Heartists in conjunction with the People & Culture Leader through INES.
- Use the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate.
Employee Engagement and Communications
- Strive to increase Heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each Heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and associate information with transparency so that each Heartist understands how they contribute to the company’s success. This will include working on the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and People & Culture Audit. Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase Heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
- Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the Accor All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture.
- Labour Turnover to be closely monitored and proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to People & Culture leader as well as Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development & Performance Management
- Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process is conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
- Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans as well as on the job training.
- Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilised.
- For all supervisory positions have a transparent development programme in place in conjunction with the Talent & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
- Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
- The activities and contribution of the role will impact the performance of the hotel.
- They will act on behalf of the business to work through complex situations and reduce risk, interpreting and implementing company policies and employment legislation as appropriate.
- They will be required to exercise sound judgment and integrity at all times to ensure confidentiality of protected information.
- Be fiscally competent in budgeting, forecasting including the commentary that goes with the documents/meetings.
- Demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing room revenue.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Prior Pool & Beach experience is preferred.
- Experience in venue of 500+ seats is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or a related field preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in overall Food and Beverage operations, including senior F&B management experience.
- Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government-required licenses, certificates, or permits.
- Must have knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, and liquor laws and regulations for bar operations.
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others to promote an environment of teamwork.