|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Expires||August 20, 2022|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Engineering / MEP|
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Principal Performance Engineer - 220001KW
Closing date: Aug 20, 2022
Support and drive the development and execution of holistic performance engineering strategies for projects and programs in a fast-paced agile environment. Provide subject matter expertise to meet and continuouslyimprove theproducts’ performance and reliability goals. Guide the teams in identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks, andpreventing occurrenceby providing architectural and design guidance
- Design and implement strategies to evaluate and improve the performance and scalability of our products, with a focus on end-to-end test automation.
- Ensure performance engineering standards and process improvements are being consistently implemented within an agile release train, thereby improving the quality of delivery.
- Research, design and implement strategies and solutions for continuous performance testing, enabling improved quality and faster time to market
- Execute technical assessments of solutions and features, to validate and improve system performance and capacity.
- Collaborate with the Architecture and Product teams for technology exploration and testability of the solutions provided, ensuring all our solutions meet the non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with the platform teams to establish and implement Monitoring, Observability and Application Performance Management practices, enabling our teams to proactively monitor our systems and reduce Mean Time to Repair.
- Adopt, build, and recommend new tools, technologies, frameworks, or processes in line with the performance engineering roadmap, thereby improving the productivity of our engineers and efficiency of our services
- Lead problem/incident resolution and support performance engineers in identifying and fixing performance and availability bottlenecks.
- Lead, coach and mentor performance engineers within a release train, providing leadership and continuous feedback. Mentor feature teams and systems teams in adopting and implementing “shift left” testing and validation strategies
- Deduce and understand the trade-offs to different technical and design decisions which could impact the bottom-line or user experience.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
8+ years in Performance Engineering for highly available and scalable mission critical applications.
− 5+ years' experience leading performance engineering engagements for complex multi-tiered products
− Experience in establishing performance best practices, including web performance optimization, performance tuning and continuous performance validation
Mandatory Technical Skills:
− Performance Engineering and Testing; practices, tools and frameworks
− Performance Optimization and Performance Tuning
− Traditional and Modern Architectures, Design principles and standards, with a focus on performance, scalability and reliability
− Monitoring and Observability solutions, including APM, logging and distributed tracing solutions
− UI performance analysis and optimization, both browser and mobile apps
− Continuous performance validation and testing
− DevOps practices
− Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and version control solutions
− Infrastructure as code and Configuration Management solutions
− Code profiling, memory profiling, heap dump analysis, thread dump analysis
− Cloud technologies, Container and Container Orchestration technologies
− Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Other languages besides English:
Safety Sensitive Role:
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careersJoin us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers