|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||March 9, 2021|
Manager - Social Media
Business Unit: School Support Centre
Location: UAE – Dubai
Closing Date 19-Mar-2021
About the Role
If Social Media is your thing and you are passionate about it, here is an exciting opportunity for you to join our marketing team!
About Your Benefits
Social Media community management, content creation and monitoring
- Directly and indirectly (via school staff) manage our social media channels for the Corporate Office and key Schools across various platforms.
- Create engaging text, image and video content to be posted on Social Media platforms in order to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new initiatives.
- Develop and implement our Social Media strategy through various channels.
- Develop an optimal posting calendar, considering marketing strategy, web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Identify new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Monitor all social media channels associated to the Corporate Office and Schools (either manually or through monitoring tools) to facilitate online conversations with customers and to ensure queries are responded.
- Develop content along with the PR team for Social Media platforms, and engage agencies to develop creative content.
- Work with the Website, Analytics and SEO team to coordinate on content, measurement and reporting strategies.
- Identify influencers and work with them to increase engagement with our brands across social media
- Set up new social media accounts for Schools and maintain their inventory in an organized manner.
Managing Compliance, Policies, Guidelines and Training
- Develop and implement Social Media policies, guidelines and best practices across the business and systematically enforce them to ensure they are followed on all Corporate and Schools channels, whether managed directly or indirectly.
- Ensure brand consistency and appropriate use of graphics across all social media channels.
- Ensure copyrighted material, intellectual property, confidential and sensitive information and media are properly dealt with on social media channels.
- Ensure legal and security guidelines are implemented for all social media accounts and for any content posted on social media.
- Establish, maintain and enforce Social Media crisis or incident communication management procedures.
- Establish and enforce content approval procedures where necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to colleagues around the business (Corporate and Schools) to use Social Media in a cohesive and effective manner. Establish procedures to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of such training.
- Ensure policies and guidelines are followed by 3rd-party agencies where applicable, and monitor their use of content and tools.
Social Media Measurement & Reporting
- Define and analyze effective benchmarks through relevant measurement, monitoring & listening tools for measuring the impact of social media efforts in order to determine content effectiveness.
- Generate insights and periodical reports of Social Media engagement, performance, user feedback and online reviews to aid management decisions.
Follow Social Media Industry Trends
- Identify audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging social media/marketing technologies and benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media.
- Constantly explore, evaluate and adopt new social platforms, tools, services and vendors and provide recommendations.
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.