|February 12, 2024
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality
About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses know as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Lifeguard to join the beach operations team in Jumeirah Al Qasr. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Always maintain a professional, responsible, attentive, and watchful demeanor. Greet each guest and visitor with a warm welcome where applicable
- Caution guests regarding unsafe areas. Rescue guests in danger of drowning and administer first aid
- Maintain order in swimming areas. Conduct or officiate swimming meets and give swimming instructions
- Clean the swimming pool. Identify any issues with the swimming pool (water temperature etc.) and coordinate with Lifeguard Supervisor who will inform the engineering team to fix the issues
- Patrol the designated swimming areas and look after all the guests in the water. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests
- Ensure that all swimming rules and regulations are followed by members and guests, and lifesaving techniques are used to deal with any safety issues or emergencies successfully
- Adhere to departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions enabling delivery of luxurious service to guests and in line with Jumeirah standard of excellence
- Adhere to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment procedures, instructions, and controls
- Attend regular training sessions and stay up to date on all safety procedures and regulations
- Ensure that all lifesaving equipment’s are in good functioning order and always ready to use
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Regional or International Lifeguard Training Program License (Ellis and Associates -preferred) as deemed necessary
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a beach lifeguard, whether at a public beach or beachside resort/hotel
- Proficiency in English is required to complete beach lifeguard classes and pass examinations for SST/ILTP certification
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong swimming ability (400m in under 8 minutes) possess good eyesight and hold a valid open water license recognized by Dubai Municipality or within the UAE.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.