|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||HR / Industrial Relations|
About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Restaurants
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award- winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts is a leading luxury hospitality brand that operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties, comprising beachfront resorts, city hotels, and luxury serviced residences across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Restaurants is a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider, with an iconic portfolio of acclaimed homegrown brands, specializing in the innovation, nurture and operation of sustainable food and beverage concepts ranging from premium-casual to quick-service restaurants and casual dining venues. Jumeirah Restaurant’s current owned portfolio consists of nine brands including: The Noodle House, Flow, Pai Thai, Trattoria, The Duck Hook, Hillhouse Brasserie, Boaz, Butcha and The Bolt Hole. In addition to operating its owned venues, Jumeirah Restaurants is responsible for Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts’ dining strategy, acting as a consultative arm for the wealth of exceptional culinary experiences and signature venues across Jumeirah’s portfolio.
About the Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Learning & Development Executive to join the team of Human Capital in Jumeirah Restaurants. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
Learning & Development
- Coordinate any training logistics which may include administration, attendance and feedback analysis.
- Coordinate and liaise with external agents to prepare training plans, compile training resources and materials to ensure proper implementation of the training.
- Tabulate training information in an excel to report on training participation, training feedback and trainer effectiveness.
- Compile templates, tools and training plan of the department and ensure proper storage of the same for easy retrieval.
- Process all trainings requests received from employees. Ensure that this is as per the PDP, TNA and as per the budget.
- Monitor the monthly departmental training plan (product based / operational trainings)
- Ensure all Statutory and Mandatory trainings are implemented and completed as per the policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Support colleagues in uploading content in Guru and releasing these contents to the target colleagues.
- Manage and maintain the Axonify and LMS Fusion.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Support the HR Manager in the development and creation of Training contents.
- Submit timely report and prepare ad hoc reports as and when required to provide information to the management for highlighting the issues and concerns in order to make informed decisions.
- Ensure proper and smooth coordinate and administration of all the events as per the approved Internal Events calendar and budget.
- Monitor and report the participation, attendance and engagement during each event.
- Support the HR Manager during the roll-out out of the Employee Engagement surveys.
- Support the Department Heads during the action planning sessions and ensure implementation of the action plans.
- Arrange all the awarding ceremonies, prizes and maintain a record of the awardees or audit purposes.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate and up to date database and files.
- 100% adherence to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Accuracy and timeliness
- Training Hours
- Training Calendar
- Engagement Calendar
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in hospitality management, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Train the Trainer certificate or equivalent to a minimum of 6 months in a training role, e.g. departmental trainer.
- In-depth understanding of restaurant operations, including front-of-house and back-of-house procedures.
- Fluent in English – written and spoken and strong interpersonal communication skills to lead and train diverse teams.
About the Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.