|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
A Junior Waiter with Waldorf Astoria Dubai is responsible to set and clears restaurant tables; stocks all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
n exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As a Junior Waiter, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments. Wipe down booths and chairs, move tables and chairs, and clean floors as necessary.
- Serve guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary. Assist server with food & beverage service to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stations.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, handling special guest requests, greeting and seating guests and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Attend required meetings.
- To report on duty punctually according to the duty roster and be mindful of personal appearance and grooming.
- Must abide by all the rules and regulations of the hotel and of the outlet itself.
- Must maintain a high standard of service and strive to improve at all times.
- Must co-ordinate and co-operate with waiter/waitress and manager at all times to ensure the smooth running of the outlet.
- Co-ordinate guest order deliveries with waiter/waitress.
- Assist supervisor and waiter/waitress during the service and take food and beverage orders in peak periods.
- Always observe established service procedures.
- Act as an expediter in helping restaurant waiter/waitress as needed.
- Give priority to rush items as directed by the supervisor.
- Clean tables, helping and moving a guest’s chair at any time.
- Assist in keeping the back of the restaurant clean and organized.
- Help fold napkins, keep restaurant linen container empty, take soiled linen to housekeeping and replenish with fresh linen, re polish the silverware, set up the back area and to organize the food pick up area.
- Should always be courteous, friendly and have a pleasing attitude toward guests and fellow team members.
- Take immediate action when service is requested and help team members any time needed.
- Immediately bring to the attention of the supervisor or manager a guest who is not satisfied with food and beverage or service.
- Responsible for understanding and performing according to standards, policies and procedures.
- Notify any incidents to your manager.
- Guest Service
- Greet all guests with a warm smile, and by name if possible.
- Time the service to correspond with the pace of the guest.
- Remain readily accessible and attentive to guests.
- Ensure required mise en place is complete prior to service.
- Responsible for building through knowledge of food and beverage served in the restaurant, suggestive selling and up-selling of our products.
- Maintain an awareness of menu changes and promotional activities within the restaurant and hotel.
- Maintain discreet observation of guests, noting appropriate times to refill glasses and other signals of attention.
- Remove dirty dishes as well as extra settings.
- At the start of each shift ensure tables are set up accordingly to service standards, with clean silverware and glassware.
- Ensure empty tables are cleared and reset as soon as possible after they are vacated.
- Must keep working area clean and organized at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory and proper condition of equipment and operating supplies.
- Attend training sessions.
- To have a good knowledge about other outlets, promotions and packages.
- To be fully aware of the hotel’s licensing, fire and health and safety regulations.
- To perform any other reasonable requests from management.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Ability to understand and communicate English to comprehend and respond to basic guest requests.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
• Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
Numerous landmark hotels around the world
More hotels in construction
Offering world-class spas
Gorgeous golfing destinations