|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Fujairah, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Fujairah
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 119552
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day:
To deliver a great guest experience – IRD Server will serve food and beverages in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever they dine.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- As a Room Service Waiter you are responsible for preparing orders, set trays and delivering items to guest rooms in an attentive and efficient manner
- Ensuring to provide excellent quality service as per the Hotel Standard operating procedure.
- Prepare food and beverages trolleys/ tray for service to guests and serving the food according to established health and presentation standards
- Be attentive to guest’s needs and additionally responsible for maintaining cleanliness at work and guest areas by clearing
- Collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area. Also, serve food courses and beverages to guests
- Monitor guest behaviour and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary
- Perform department/outlet opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are
- clean and maintained throughout shift
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Entry level position, although previous work in a similar position is preferred in a 4* or 5* hotel within Middle East.
- Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations preferred. Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with any local legislative requirements.
- Adequate English language communication skills is required.
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities used often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.