|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Fujairah, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||HR / Industrial Relations|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Fujairah
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 119536
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day
HR Coordinator will be managing the day-to-day administrative operations in Human Resources office and will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Human Resource Information, systems, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. As an HR Coordinator you are responsible to respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines. Disseminate information to employees related to employer-employee relations, employee activities, and personnel policies and programs.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Maintains, arranges, and responsible for the safe-keeping of HR related records in personnel folders and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) accordingly, in a timely manner that meets management information needs at any point of time.
- Administers colleagues / personnel change of title/ benefits/ allowances / retirement plan accordingly
- Assists in collecting payroll data, attendance etc. to support payroll accountant in monthly cut-off process
- Facilitates colleagues’ insurance Enrollment and reimbursement, act as facilitator between colleagues and insurance broker.
- Facilitates colleagues’ travel arrangements/ allowances in a cost efficient manner, including the documentations related. Maintain a proper tracking of ticket given to colleagues.
- Facilitates colleague’s payroll bank account card registration, card disbursement or replacement
- Facilitates colleagues’ locker key, name tags and keep an update record on the current usage & distribution, including replacement.
- Initiates fun and creative monthly activities for Room for You calendar that engaged colleagues.
- Prepares End of Service for colleagues who resigned with detailed and accurate data and in a timely manner
- Prepares HR related letter requested by colleagues such as : Employment Certificate, Salary Letter, Salary Transfer Letter, and any other documents/cards related to employee relations, etc.
- Prepares administrative works that are required for any colleagues’ activities in the resort.
- Maintain the cleanliness and updated information of the designated heart of house areas.
- Coordinates any required activities for colleagues and assist in providing administrative assistance for all HR events.
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar qualification in Human Resources/Organizational Development or related field is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all Human Resources-related matters.
- Fluent in English. Other languages is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer usage
- Minimum of 2 years background in a HR Coordinator position within the Human resources Department in a five-star hotel is preferred.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Belong.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether