|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai (DXBSZ), Plot 49, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District, 9940
Job number: 119539
At voco®, we’ve created a new hotel brand that gives people a different choice. Hotels to count on but different enough to be fun. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Our new family of hotels are connected by their own sense of style and individual character – and that’s something we make the most of. Finding the perfect mix of reliability and new experiences. Because we believe that when you respect individuality life gets interesting.
At the heart of every great stay is a great host. We think the trick to hosting is to take the time to understand what your guests need, and want. So before they arrive, we find out more about them and how we can make their stay better. Whilst they are with us we give tempting recommendations of our favourite drinks or food, or tips for local experiences that they won’t find in any guide book.
Your day to day
As a Housekeeping Order Taker, you will be responsible for receiving, organizing, and coordinating housekeeping requests from various departments or guests within a facility. Your primary goal is to ensure efficient and timely execution of cleaning and maintenance tasks to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and guest satisfaction
- Receive and log housekeeping requests from guests or departments via phone, email, or other communication channels. Organize and prioritize requests based on urgency and location.
- Liaise with housekeeping host, supervisors, and other relevant departments to relay requests accurately and ensure timely completion of tasks. Maintain clear and effective communication channels.
- Coordinate with housekeeping team members to schedule and allocate resources effectively, considering the workload, staffing levels, and specific requirements of each task.
- Monitor the completion of tasks to ensure they meet established quality standards. Conduct follow-ups to address any guest or departmental concerns or additional requirements.
- Strictly control the release, retrieval and recording of group keys before and after shift.
- Assist in updating all information on the department notice boards.
- Provide exceptional guest service by promptly addressing inquiries, concerns, or additional requests from guests or departments regarding housekeeping services
- Assist in maintaining housekeeping supplies and inventory levels. Place orders for supplies as needed and ensure proper storage and distribution.
- Adhere to established housekeeping procedures, health and safety regulations, and company policies at all times.
- Responsible for issuing and recording the release of items such as iron and boards, adapters and any other item requested by a guest.
- Reconcile the recording and availability of the following items with Room Attendants at the end of the shift:
- Extra beds
- Baby cots
- Iron & Boards
- Section Report
- Section Keys
- DND, D/L, Late Services
- Record and safe-keep on daily basis all lost and found items.
- Arrange lost and found items, in coordination with Housekeeping Administrator, that are for disposal (or due back to finder) as per hotel policy.
- Organize and always keep neat and tidy the housekeeping office and storeroom(s).
- Ensure that hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene, health, safety, rules and regulations are understood and adhered to.
- Ensure the optimum use and control of all amenities, guest supplies and chemicals to minimize wastage.
- Maintain telephone logbook and staff attendance book.
- Continuously update oneself and be knowledgeable about hotel facilities, activities, and promotions and be able to provide accurate information.
What we need from you
At voco® Dubai, we look for hosts who are Reliably different and contribute in the success of bringing our brand to life!
Ideally, you'll have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a four or five-star hotel or comparable industry, the ability to demonstrate working with and engaging teams from different cultures, strong verbal and written communication skills along with being quality-oriented with a focus on details, high-performance standards, able to multitask in the housekeeping.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Reliably Different - Welcome to voco® Hotels, IHG’s new upscale brand. We call our Hotels voco® – It means ‘to invite’ and ‘call together’ originating from Latin and representing our thoughtful, unstuffy and charming nature. Guests tell us that voco® is fun without being vanilla, trendy without being alienating and premium, without being stuffy. This unique and playful attitude, combined with a consistent level of quality, sits at the heart of our brand here at voco® Dubai Whatever we’re up to, at every instance, there are brand values and service behaviours that guide us... Brand values: Always dependable, Respect individuality & Be distinctive. Service values: Count on us to; Be natural & Make every stay special. Drawing on IHG’s years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco® Hotels gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels is connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable with unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. The world's first voco® hotel opened in November 2018 in Gold Coast, Australia and the first voco® Hotel across IMEA is voco® Dubai. voco® Dubai is a location like no other with a premium ambience in the heart of Dubai and laid back yet attentive service from the friendly hosts. It’s location on the vibrant Shiekh Zayed Road is also connecting it to many day time and no delights of the city, moments from shopping, dining and entertainment experiences.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.