|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses know as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Head Sommelier to join the team of Jumeirah Al Qasr. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Control and monitor wine orders, stock and par level.
- Pick up wines from stores after proper checking of the order and quantity.
- Maintain wine chillier at correct temperature.
- Communicate any changes that is required for outlet wine lists and standards in coordination with the outlet manager.
- Stock rotation update.
- Minimize wastage by avoiding too many opened bottles.
- Ensure all tables are attended during the service; refilling and fresh orders are taken throughout.
- Ensure 100% contribution to LQA standards.
- Ensure proper labeling is done for all opened bottles, transfer or report as spoilage according to set standards.
- Train colleagues on wine knowledge.
- Lateral service if required by the team.
- Minimum of 2 years Sommelier-related experience, preferably in an upscale hotel or restaurant.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of different wines and beverages.
- Versed in budgeting and cost control, including but not limited to the reading and interpreting of inventory reports, beverage cost reports and monthly financial statements.
- Purchasing experience.
- Certification and/or diploma in winery would a be an added advantage.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.