|Published||November 14, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.
Limitless curiosity is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a multi award winning vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Guest Service Executive (Receptionist) to join our Front Office Department in Zabeel House by Jumeirah The Greens. The main purpose of the role is to anticipate and meet guests’ needs and requests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction; to recognizes all repeat and important guests and to establish and develop personal guest contact, promote feedback and be consistently proactive in anticipating guest needs and requirements.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys in the appropriate welcome booklet.
- Take payment from guests on arrival and close their bills correctly.
- Prepare amenities for arrivals and guest in house in the absence of Guest Services Team Leader.
- Provide personalised check in to all VIP guests.
- Update and maintain all guests’ profiles history files accurately.
- Be efficient in assisting guests throughout their stay with any requirements.
- Enrolling guest to Jumeirah One Loyalty Membership Program.
- Sell rooms to walk-in guests at the maximum rate possible.
- Ensure that the Reception desk is manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times.
- Maintain the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed to anybody following the security procedures.
- Display high product knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel.
- Report for duty on time and wearing the correct uniform.
- Overlooking the Reception Email Inbox and the efficient and timely communication of the same.
- Act as Concierge, assisting in giving advice, helping to make restaurant reservations, arrange transportation, etc.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree equivalent Hotel related education
- Previous Hotel Experience (through studies or work experience) in a hotel.
- Computer Knowledge, i.e. basic experience with windows, internet explorer and word.
- Previous Experience in Fidelio/Opera and HotSos is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in Engish.
- Additional Language would be of advantage: Arabic, Russian, Mandarin or European language.
- Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests.
- Able to work in a team, i.e. caring about other team members and open towards other nationalities.
- Acts with emotional intelligence during the guest interation to anticipate and fulfil the guests needs.
About the Benefits:
This position offers an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.