|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: Vignette Collection
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Th8 Palm Dubai Beach Resort - (DXBPM)
Job number: FRDXBPM2631
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Vignette Collection is a diverse group of luxury hotels with a fresh focus, offering guests a more authentic and thoughtful way to travel.
We've created a collection brand that gives guests and colleagues an inspiring new choice. One that puts people at the heart of everything we do, to reframe luxury hospitality for the better.
Our hotels are unique in their own right, with their own distinct outlook and story to tell.
Your day to day
· Always greets and welcomes guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner.
· Always thanks and gives fond farewell to guests conveying anticipation for their next visit.
· Assists guest with table reservation.
· Assists guest while seating.
· Ensures guests are served within specified time.
· Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
· Speaks with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
· Is able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections.
· Is able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
· Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm.
· Serves food courses and beverages to guests.
· Sets tables according to type of event and service standards.
· Records transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
· Communicates with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability.
· Communicates additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
· Checks with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
· Is responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
· Maintains cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift.
· Reviews order dockets ensuring accurate and timely preparations for order requirements accordingly.
· Presents accurate final bill to guest and process payment.
· Performs shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements.
· Ensures that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, at both the front as well as the back of house areas.
· Ensures that hotel brand standards and SOP's are consistently implemented.
· Works with fellow staffs and manager to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
· Completes the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
· Completes closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
· Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
· Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff.
· Performs any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the manager.
· Assists Assistant Manager/Manager in conducting daily shift briefings to update and disseminate relevant information to colleagues.
· Helps minimize waste, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment.
· Makes sure that Afternoon Tea service is always up to standard and that guests receives an excellent service.
· Ensures that Delicacy, lounge and terrace are well set every day and maintains the cleanliness of each areas and side stations.
· Delicacy items must be always up to the standard, fresh and in good quality.
- Delicacy must be set correctly and all items must be organized or arranged according to the standard set up of the counter.
· Makes sure that all equipment’s are working and in good condition.
· Checks all colleagues uniforms and grooming before their shift starts.
What we need from you
· Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
· Experienced in all aspects of restaurants service
· Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
· Excellent leader and trainer with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
· Ability to motivate employees to work as a team effectively and productively
· Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
· Should have pleasing personality.
· Excellent guest service skill.
* Good knowledge of food and beverage service.
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you'll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether