|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai - Safa Park - (DXBSP)
Job number: FRDXBSP2629
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
At Holiday Inn Express, we’re all about travel that’s simple AND smart.
That means we offer more to our guests where it matters most to them. Easy check-in? Check. All the essentials in a comfy room? They’re all included with a great night’s sleep.We’re focused on getting our guests more than ready. So we’re always ready. Are you?
Your day to day
- As Commis I, you will support Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to direct the operation of the Outlet kitchen, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
- Some of your main role responsibilities are:
• Support Chef de Partie to manage all functions of the Outlet Kitchen operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation
• Support Chef de Partie for special events and special food promotions Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other colleagues. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
• Support Chef de Partie to determine the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment
• Support Chef de Partie to implement new dishes and products
• Maintain product knowledge including ingredients, equipment and current trends and support Chef de Partie to make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
• Take steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained
• Support Chef de Partie to ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective Comply with company rules and policies.
What we need from you
• Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a chef or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience.
• Vast knowledge of international culinary practices, menus and offerings
• High level of written and verbal Business English
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.