|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||HR / Industrial Relations|
Hotel Brand: Vignette Collection
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Th8 Palm Dubai Beach Resort - (DXBPM)
Job number: FRDXBPM2630
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Vignette Collection is a diverse group of luxury hotels with a fresh focus, offering guests a more authentic and thoughtful way to travel.
We’ve created a collection brand that gives guests and colleagues an inspiring new choice. One that puts people at the heart of everything we do, to reframe luxury hospitality for the better.
Our hotels are unique in their own right, with their own distinct outlook and story to tell.
Your day to day
· Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and colleagues receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
· Ensure HODs use all available on the job training tools for colleagues; supervise on-going training initiatives, record them and conducts training, when needed.
· Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for colleagues and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
· Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs.
· Review Annual Appraisal and ensure they are conducted and filled up in a professional manner.
· Guide and engage the departmental trainers in their role and conduct meeting on regular basis.
· Develop an effective annual Training Plan which meets the needs of colleagues as outlined in Annual Appraisal and PLDP and which assists the hotel achieve its goals and objectives.
· Liaise with Department Heads on regular basis regarding specific training requirements within their Departments and regarding attendance at planned training courses and develop training actions as required.
· Ensure full compliance with Governmental rules for mandatory training e.g. Dubai Way, Fire Safety, First Aid etc.
· Liaise with Hygiene Manager to ensure all Food handler colleagues are trained on Basic Food Hygiene.
· With support of Human Resources, structure and monitor the Hotel’s annual training budget and ensure all training expenses are kept in line with this budget, adjusting planned expenses / actions in line with changing hotel requirements.
- Conduct regular Learning Need Analysis with leaders throughout the property to assess colleague’s needs and create training calendar accordingly.
- Create training material if not available with simple, creative and attractive content.
· Publish the monthly calendar of training courses and ensure maximum attendance through clear communication and liaison with Department Heads on a regular basis.
· Develop, source and conduct training courses scheduled in the training calendar.
· Provide an advice service to both managers and colleagues on training opportunities, career choices, qualifications and other HR issues.
· Manage all cross training requests and maintain all records.
· Create high engagement of the training platform by the colleagues by sharing appropriate e-learning module
· Develop effective links with partnership organizations such as Universities and Colleges, Training Providers, other Training Managers, etc.
· Maintain accurate and up to date records of all training activities.
· Ensure all requests for training by colleagues are responded to in a timely manner and follow up is conducted where appropriate.
· Monitor department training and on job training (dept induction, dept trainers, dept processes) and ensure consistency and quality of training.
· Drive the colleague’s recognition program and organize celebration with the Human Resources Team.
· Be a Brand and Quality Ambassador, consistently achieving high performance results, positive and proactively promoting the business values and vision.
· Participate in the Orientation course explaining the operation of the main programs of Quality of the hotel: Medallia, LQA, and Social Media Reputation.
· Attend randomly to the monthly meetings of the different departments to talk about guest satisfaction and the standards operating procedures.
· Provide training to new hired leaders regarding our SOPs, P&P and brand standards.
· Support training that is completely customized to each department with the aims to improve existing processes and/or guest satisfaction.
· Continuously analyze the existing processes and standards of the property, translating them in to service flow, steps of service, and identifying gaps in the customer journey.
· Analyze and share the top industry trends to ensure that best practices are being engaged.
What we need from you
- Previous experience of leadership in the area of Quality, L&D or similar
- Knowledge of luxury hotel standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills & Analytical skills
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.