|January 26, 2024
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Accounts / Audit / Taxation / Company Secretary
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 122359
Do you see yourself as a Finance and Business Support Manager for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Strategic Plan, Budget and KPO’s (Goals Program).
- Ensure an up-to-date cash flow projection is maintained and maximizes cash flow performance of the hotels through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Implement and review financial controls and policies.
- Communicate with Owners and maintains good relations and attends liaison meetings when required.
- Analyse financial and management reports
- Evaluate existing internal control measures that apply to accounting procedures and computer systems as per IHG Policies and Procedures
- Employ adequate internal control procedures to ensure correct authorization for payment procedures.
- Manage internal and external audits when they occur.
- Provides administrative support to Management with reference to policy enforcement, business advice and operational assistance.
- Obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel and maintains an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
- Follows up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval.
- Conducts monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with required procedures.
- Select and monitor the Local Banking arrangements made for the operation of the Hotel in Conjunction with the Hotel Owners (Managed Hotels)
- Review of operating equipment stores to avoid unnecessary/excessive purchases and to eliminate (or at least be aware) of obsolete slow moving items.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, review and approve those reconciliation’s.
- Management of workflows of the finance department.
- Assist in the maintenance of the fixed asset register on an annual basis.
- Plans for future staffing needs.
- Recruits in line with company guidelines
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the departmental annual budget.
- Regularly review all departmental budgets and assist Managers with action plans to rectify.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Work with Head of Departments to perform adhoc cost benefit analysis on various projects.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of accounting experience in 5-star luxury hotels and resorts in a similar capacity
- Graduate degree in accounting or a related field.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong management reporting skills.
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Strong in Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making.
What you can expect from us:
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.