|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Job DescriptionJob Number 23203429
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Dubai - The Palm, West Crescent, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
POSITION SUMMARYPurpose of Role: Our jobs aren’t just about putting food on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for their bill. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique – with food and drinks on the side. Our F&B Service Experts take the initiative and deliver a wide range of services to make sure that guests enjoy their meal. Whether setting tables, communicating with the kitchen, interacting and serving guests, or cleaning work areas and supplies, the F&B Service Expert makes transactions feel like part of the experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for F&B Service Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
Contribute to the venue’s success by fulfilling one’s own responsibilities and acknowledging the contribution of others; interacting actively with co-workers from other sectors (Reception – Kitchen – Bar) with the aim of improving team work, paying care to image detail (one’s own and the venue’s), fully respecting the national health and safety guidelines.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol, follow local Training & Guidance.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invites them to return, and wishes them a fond farewell.
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested.
- Coordinates with the respective kitchens to ensure guests’ orders are delivered.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Cash/Bank Handling
- Record transaction in MICROS or similar system at time of order.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
- Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials; and always maintain cleanliness of workstation.
60% of Time Spent
- Guaranteeing the preparation of the Dining Room
- Contributing to the tidying up and cleaning of the Restaurant
- Guaranteeing the mise en place of the tables of the assigned section
- Verifying bookings for the assigned section and possible special requests
- Guaranteeing the proper welcome and the presentation of the menu
- Welcoming customers as soon as they are led inside by the reception
- Presenting the menu , NOTIFY THE NOT AVAILABLE ITEMS ON THE MENU
- Handling the orders in the operative system
- Guaranteeing the proper service
- Providing and Monitoring table service
- Taking care of issuing the bill
- Guaranteeing proper salutations when customers leave
- Guaranteeing the preparation of the table for new customer
20% of Time Spent
- Guaranteeing the closing operations
- Arranging the cleaning and tidying up of the Dining Room
- Guaranteeing closing operations of the relevant cash desk
- Notify any lack of equipment and service material
20% of Time Spent
- Respecting local health regulations
- Guaranteeing the respect of health standards
- Respecting behaviour guidelines
- Respecting the weekly planning
- Being present at one’s workplace at any time
- Respecting contract provisions, regulations and health and safety provisions
- Ensuring continuous information on service to the Talent Coach
- Full compliance with Marriott policies and procedures.
- Adhere to International Summary Risk Assessment and Control Self-Assessment Audits.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Follow the requirements and tasks as defined in EMEA Food & Beverage Cashiering SOP if associate handles cash.
- Comply with the requirements of the Marriott Cashiering Responsibilities/Petty Cash Fund and Cashier Overage/Shortage SOPs.
Profile required: Education
- High school or equivalent education required
- College diploma/degree preferred
Experience 2-3 years previous restaurant, bars and/or 5 star Hotel experience preferred along with strong employee engagement
Working with others
- W Look: appear confident, well-groomed.
- W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
- Never say no attitude
- Exceed customer expectations
- Communicate with others
- Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
- Act with professionalism & integrity
- Verbal and listening skills
- Take ownership
- Learn, develop and adapt to change
- Work independently
- Manage Time
- Attend to detail
- Commit to quality
- Follow policies and procedures
- Follow direction
- High level of IT understanding including Micros
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
- Understanding of Starwood policies and procedures
- Basic understanding of international and local labour law
- Starwood program knowledge preferred
Other skills (Language)
- Fluency in English mandatory
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Second language preferred
All talent members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific W standards are to be met. Styling should be in line with W wardrobe
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you