|Published||November 14, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 119368
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a F&B Captain who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Do you see yourself as a F&B Captain for InterContinental® Hotel Dubai Festival City?
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn & Suites. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Ensuring function rooms are set up in accordance with customer specifications by supervising staff during setup and inspecting rooms prior to events; cleanliness of FOH and BOH.
- Developing team members and casual staff in all different levels and areas
- Conducting banquet briefings to deliver full knowledge of overall events particularly in events personnel allocation, guest expectations in relation to room layout, stage set up and decorations to events workforce, receiving and allocating supporting staff.
- Being pro-active with effective planning for upcoming events, in equipment and staffing, including uniforms, meals, and overall logistics.
- Ensuring a maximisation of financial profit and 100% guest satisfaction
- Monitoring overall service for the events, complying Time and Attendance Policies and ensure the grooming and general appearance of personnel conforms to the company’s Grooming Standards.
- Communicating effectively to all other departments around the Events Services Operation.
- Maintaining knowledge of policies and procedures and follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Maintaining back of the house, front of the house, and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events and ensure efficiency in all areas through the Events Operation.
- Conducting hygiene check before the event shift on the briefing and proper briefing with information about hotel activities, prioritizing tasks, and assigning task to the colleagues, assigning the deadlines.
- Debriefing and staff assignment after event.
- Nominating colleagues for Winning ways, thanking them for job well done, giving constructive feedback when they are wrong & explaining them the right way. Coaching colleagues for their development. Ensuring continued training sessions for all areas (Waiter, Bartender, Casuals)
- Establishing, utilizing, and maintaining effective leadership skills and motivation, cooperative working climate, challenging colleagues to maximize employees’ productivity and satisfaction.
- Supervising operations team and maintains high (satisfactory) performance standards among all employees.
- Developing sound decision making in relation to guest satisfaction as well as managing and controlling costs. Developing superior customer service strategies: communicating regularly with guests and ensuring high customer satisfaction, service standards, and enforcing company rules and regulations.
- Promoting positive guest and colleagues relations at all times.
- General administration
- Checking BEOs, change logs, knowledge of Deplhi, Micros, rooms’ capacities, setups, storage spaces and service standards.
- Knowledge of Events report, Glitch report, QEMS rising, and all the related to the operation documentation.
- Ensuring clear communication between the Events sales and operations.
- Ensuring F&B product and setups are innovative, creative and up to date.
- Taking personal ownership of the supporting team (casuals) and its responsibilities. Ensuring on job skills training and proper utilization and allocation of casuals manpower is taking place, reporting challenges to management with suggestions for resolution.
- Actively participating in training and development programs and maximising opportunities for self and team development.
- Leading all the staff meetings in the absence of higher managers, departmental and hotel training scheduled and other related activities, attending and supporting social events as and when required.
- Demonstrating understanding and awareness and complying with all the policies and procedures related to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety, Environment policies, familiarising yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures, ensuring all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the line manager, and ensuring direct report execute the same.
- Providing information when requested and promoting hotel services, facilities and special events.
- Following order of equipment related to events layout given by line managers.
- Overseeing facility condition and advising management as to needed repairs, improvements, potential customer/employee hazards and general maintenance.
- Perform any reasonable tasks as instructed by Manager
What we need from you
- Communication skills – guests and colleagues will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- Planning and analyses making skills
- Fluency in the English language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Your Time management skills will be important to know how to prioritize tasks under pressure
- You’ll have basic skills of Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a similar position in a 5 star property
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether