|Published||November 14, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 119353
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Captain who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Do you see yourself as a Captain for Crowne Plaza® Dubai Festival City?
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn & Suites. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up
- Executes cash handling and banking procedures
- Prepare daily banking and cash flow reports
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures
- Reports or deals with irregular payments
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services
- Control stock and monitor security procedures
- Assist with menu and wine list creation
- Supervises colleagues during shifts and functions
What we need from you
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.