|Published||November 14, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
Job DescriptionJob Number 23201398
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
START YOUR JOURNEY WITH US
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai welcomes you to the heart of the city's lively downtown district with modern luxury and award-winning service. Soaring above Sheikh Zayed Road, our bustling and dynamic 5-star hotel is one of the tallest in the world, consisting of two towers with 1608 rooms and boasts awe-inspiring views of the water and Dubai cityscape. Enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool or a workout in the fitness center before easing tired muscles with a massage at Saray Spa. Sample the flavors of the world at our 10 restaurants and lounges, which offer Japanese, Italian, Indian and Thai cuisine. For those planning an event in downtown Dubai, UAE our hotel offers 80,000 square feet of adaptable space, including a striking ballroom and outdoor venues. Explore, Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and Dubai Opera which are all minutes away.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO EVEN MORE
At JW Marriott®, treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we treat our associates. Because we believe it takes people who genuinely love what they do to create a truly extraordinary experience.
Here at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, we are looking for talented individuals, to join our amazing family and in return we are able to offer you the following:
- An amazing career opportunity to not just work with us but open opportunities worldwide with our extensive portfolio of hotels.
- Learning opportunities with some of the best professionals the region has to offer.
- We aim to promote our associates within as soon as the opportunity arises, so we hope to see you progress your career in line with our training and promotion schedule.
- A competitive salary with excellent benefits which include accommodation, meals on duty, Transportation, and:
- World class training and development, including leadership development.
- Recognition programs.
- Discounted accommodation in over 8,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 8,000!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars.
- Discounts for your friends and family.
- Unlimited career opportunities (Internationally and locally)
- Medical and Life insurance
- Amazing support to ensure you have all the tools you require to complete your day-to-day tasks.
OUR EXPECTATIONS FROM THE ROLE:
To execute all hotel events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations back to sales. Assure to provide all customers with a consistent, intuitive, high-level of service according to the Marriott event standards throughout the pre-event and post-event phases. Planning and handling events to include Pop-Up events (event requests within 7 working days), internal events and event turnovers from sales up to 450 guests and 450 rooms.
· More than 2 years of experience in large scale hotel events department
· More than 6 months of managing event planning for groups.
Skills and Knowledge
· Understand group and catering positioning of the hotel
· Knowledge of menu and food presentation
· Attention to details
· Confident and quick learner
· Problem solving skills
· Organization skills of multiple events at the same time
· Knowledge of possible capacities and catering styles of the hotel
· Understanding of how the different departments within the hotel are linked to each other
· Effective communication skills and professional use of English language
· Distribute information in a concise, well-organized and detailed manner
· Manages guest conflict situations effectively
· Remains calm and professional in stressful situations
· Excellent time management skills and is able to prioritize work effectively
Education or Certification
· College degree preferred
· Multilingual preferred
· Previous similar position in the event department in a large scale hotel
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· As an expert being able to collaborate with a customer and craft individual events.
· Taking care of a smooth transition from sales to events planning.
· Handle groups & events contracted by the Sales team ranging from 1 room per night/ 1 guest to 450 rooms per night/ 450 guest
· Focus on pop-up groups (group handovers within 7 working days which will not go through sales)
· Focus on pop-up events and being the contact person for the Marriott Regional Office.
· Focus on future planning potential problems and/or conflicts from a service/planning point of view and solutions towards them to improve guest satisfaction and planning efficiency.
· Being proactive in offering solutions.
· Creating Banquet Event Orders.
· Accurately forecasts all the events (bedrooms and/or catering)
· Guidance and support throughout the event.
· Being knowledgeable about product and services.
· Handle the billing process by preparing invoices, having bill reviews with the guest and finalizing the invoices by ensuring billing accuracy.
· Takes total ownership and responsibilities for the successful planning and coordination of groups & events assigned.
· Continuous communication with the operational team.
· Be available as needed during the event phase for their assigned groups.
· Working effectively with third party vendors.
· Organizing & planning the group rooms side of the event.
· Working in coordination with assigned Group housing partner to ensure rooming list & room instructions have been updated accurately.
· Guiding the client throughout the event as the expert partner for the guest by being a consultant
· Attend the daily service communication tool; BEO meeting.
· Up-sell last minute items to ensure profitability.
· Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings in line with Marriott standards.
· Show around in connection with in-house functions.
· Coordinate all activities involving the pre- and post-event process.
· Communicate challenging situations accurate to responsible departments.
· Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and come up with solutions.
· Responsibility of working on individual projects besides the organization of events.
· Following department timelines for actualization, BEO & Group resume distribution, rostering, forecasting, etc.
· Rewarding bonvoy points in a timely manner after checking the required criteria mentioned on the Job Aid for posting points.
· Working honestly, ethically & with integrity
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
· Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
· Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.