|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Engineering / MEP|
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBFC), Gateway Avenue, Festival City, 410909
Job number: 119466
Do you see yourself as an Electrician for Holiday Inn & Suites Dubai Festival City?
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn & Suites, we make guests smile.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with other colleagues to resolve maintenance issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools).
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings.
- Identify and inform to supervisor for repair and maintenance inventory. Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur in the PPM rooms to the Supervisor and Assistant Manager using appropriate communication methods.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair all types of electrical components / equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Use the Lockout/Tag out system before performing any maintenance work.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of electrical distribution.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, mechanical, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), carpentry and finish skills and/or general building.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of property information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance. Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
What we need from you:
- Basic level of spoken/written English
- Minimum one year of experience in a similar environment (4-5* hotel)
- Hygiene Certificates
- Basic knowledge related to the machines
What you can expect from us:
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.