|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
A Duty Manager with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts works closely with Guests to greet, converse, and assist with enquiries, especially when VIP Guests, long-stay Guests, and others are in the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As Duty Manager, you will work closely with Guests to greet, converse, and assist with enquiries, especially when VIP Guests, long-stay Guests, and others are in the hotel. A Duty Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Occupy the hotel lobby and other public areas, particularly at busy times
- Engage Guests in conversation and provide general assistance
- Manage, record, and resolve all Guest complaints promptly and effectively
- Meet and greet VIP Guests and major corporate clients upon arrival
- Coordinate the services and special facilities provided to long-stay Guests
- Understand all credit procedures and ensure they are applied
- Stay current and up to date with all hotel products, services, policies and emergency procedures
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
- Handle, record and follow through with management issues or emergencies that arise
- Conduct any Health & Safety procedures, if required, including fire walks, food safety investigations, etc.
What are we looking for?
Duty Managers serving Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Luxury hospitality experience as a Duty Manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety and security procedures
- Calm, efficient and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability in a tight market sector
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results in a similar sized property
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Luxury hospitality experience in a similar role
- Arabic language speaker
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- An in-depth knowledge of the hotel, leisure or service sector
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!