|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
A sustainable hospitality leader in the capital, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort is a breadth of fresh air offering an eco-friendly stay amidst contemporary surroundings on the Abu Dhabi coastline. Surrounded by natural beauty and conceived to care for every aspect for guest wellbeing, the resort resembles a perennial summerhouse where visitors can experience Abu Dhabi Island life at its best. The luxury beachfront resort is home to seven world-class restaurants and bars, three swimming pools and the award-winning SPA featuring an extensive menu of specialized treatments and exclusive products from all around the world. In addition to this, guests can utilize wide range of leisure facilities including a mixed and ladies-only gym, a kids club and a tennis court. Boasting 400 meters of pristine private beach and sand dunes, the resort is anchored on one of the most desirable beach locations in the UAE and was conceived with the environment in mind having implemented eco-friendly strategies and initiatives since its launch in 2018.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Door Attendant to join Front Office Department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Greets all guests entering and leaving the hotel entrance, using the appropriate salutation.
- Assists guests arriving at the hotel entrance by car, opening the door(s) of the vehicle, and when necessary, assisting the guests to alight.
- Co-ordinates with the bell staff in order to have luggage/parcels removed from vehicles of guests arriving at the hotel entrance and to arrange for their delivery.
- Hails taxis for guests, using the hotel’s designated taxi company. Assist the guests by opening the taxi door(s) and helping them to be seated.
- Assists guests with general enquiries about the hotel, its’ facilities, events and functions taking place and about Abu Dhabi and the surrounding area of Saadiyat Island.
- Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 2 years experience in same position in Luxury hotel.
- Strong communication skills and effective listening.
- English proficiency is a must, additional knowledge in any Russian, Arabic, Chinese is preferred.
- Prior knowledge in LQA and Forbes standards is preferred.
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.