|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Accounts / Audit / Taxation / Company Secretary|
- "Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
Director of Finance provides strategic leadership, functional guidance and valuable insights to Operations Leader, Partner, Executive Committee and Department Heads for optimal business decision; Interacting with hotel’s legal counsel, insurance companies, auditors, commercial and government banks to effectively control the assets of the business.
The Director of Finance will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, business presentation and analytical skills. Strong systems background needed.
• Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the activities of All Accounting personnel; IT, Purchasing and Stores of the Hotel.
• Ensure compliance of all accounting system, procedures and reports with established accounting and control standards and procedures in compliance with all government regulations.
• Assisting the General Manager in implementing all financial policies & procedures, laid out by the Operator in line with the management agreement.
• Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of the financial data and communicating this in a comprehensible form, of meaningful variations in the operations. The analysis of the balance sheet accounts, on a selected basis and the preparation of the monthly internal benchmarking and operational performance analysis reports.
• To assist in the development and implementation of benchmarking techniques that will enable the hotel to enhance revenues while improving productivity and cost efficiencies. To seek, identify and implement throughout the hotel best practices that will serve to enhance revenues, guest service and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
• To assist in preparing, in conjunction with the General Manager and other department heads, the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecast. The Director of Finance will establish the annual budget preparation procedures and guidelines.
Accounting Designation, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. CPA or MBA preferred
Previous experience in the same role is required
Strong leadership skills
Strong analytical approach to problem solving
Your team and working environment:
Opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor’s Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.