|Published||November 16, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.
Limitless curiosity is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Demi Chef de Partie to join the Culinary Department in Zabeel House by Jumeirah™, The Greens. The main purpose of the role is to prepare a consistent, high quality food product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the outlet's operating concept and Company’s standards.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Organize shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- To ensure all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipe, and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Chef De Cuisine.
- Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
- Check on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To check the in-coming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accurate with order sheet, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- To follow strict hygiene rules and maintain what we have already achieved with HACCP throughout the resort.
- Ensures that all the required food transfer are completed to the appropriate outlet/department
- To work in any section of the kitchen when necessary depends on business levels and demands.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Possess College Degree in Culinary Arts or similar from an accredited Culinary School.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a range of kitchen areas.
- Good command of speaking, reading, and writing English language.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Expert in hygiene, health and safety knowledge.
- Expert in product quality and presentation skills.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.