|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
A Demi Chef de Partie for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to contribute to an excellent Guest experience while assisting with food cost controls.
What will I be doing?
As a Demi Chef de Partie for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination.
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus.
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly.
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team.
- Be environmentally aware.
What are we looking for?
A Demi Chef de Partie for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centreis always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on own or in teams.
- NVQ Level 2.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience within Arabic Cuisine.
- Experience working in an all-day-dining operation with specialization in breakfast items.
- NVQ Level 3
- Previous kitchen experience in a luxury environment
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!