|Published||November 16, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.
Limitless curiosity is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Commis Chef to join the Culinary Department at Zabeel House by Jumeirah the Greens. The main purpose of the role is to assist the team in the daily operation and to ensure the smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain as per standards.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Complete day-to-day activities by following all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to guests and maintaining standards of excellence.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Adhere to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment procedures, instructions and controls so that Company provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests.
- Follow established recipe and plating guide provided, to exact specification.
- Maintain and organize their station and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion to meet the Chef’s expectation.
- Carry out all food preparation tasks given by the Demi chef and reports back when they have been carried out anticipating the next task to complete.
- Perform related tasks and duties as assigned and deemed responsible by management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- College or Culinary graduate
- Possess internationally approved Food Safety Certificate
- Minimum 1 year of experience or a beginner
- Background in different Cuisines
- Working with multi-cultural teams
- Good comprehension of the English language
- Team player
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include; accommodation, flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.