|Published||November 9, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Restaurants
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award- winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts is a leading luxury hospitality brand that operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties, comprising beachfront resorts, city hotels, and luxury serviced residences across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Restaurants is a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider, with an iconic portfolio of acclaimed homegrown brands, specializing in the innovation, nurture and operation of sustainable food and beverage concepts ranging from premium-casual to quick-service restaurants and casual dining venues. Jumeirah Restaurant’s current owned portfolio consists of nine brands including: The Noodle House, Flow, Pai Thai, Trattoria, The Duck Hook, Hillhouse Brasserie, Boaz, Butcha and The Bolt Hole. In addition to operating its owned venues, Jumeirah Restaurants is responsible for Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts’ dining strategy, acting as a consultative arm for the wealth of exceptional culinary experiences and signature venues across Jumeirah’s portfolio.
About the Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Commis III to join the team of Noodle House, City Walk. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Gathers, measures, mixes, and prepares meal ingredients, sauces, and seasoning
- Wash, peel, and chop vegetables, fruits, and meat etc. as applicable
- Cut and season different meats as advised
- Prepare basic dishes such as salads and sauces as advised
- Follow established recipe and plating guide provided, to exact specification
- Ensure that the food items are stocked properly in refrigerators and freezers
- Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items and carry out all food preparation tasks given by the Demi chef designated for that station
- Effectively able to maintain high levels of kitchen assistance service at all times
- Replenishes service lines, restocks, and prepares the workstation for the next shift
- Continually develops culinary knowledge to produce high-quality meals
- Follow daily ingredient collection, storage of all items used within the respective kitchen and ensure all areas of section are maintained and clean following established standard
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Must have held years minimum experience in similar role in a hotel or a restaurant
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.