|January 26, 2024
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 122324
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Revenue Manager for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Acts as the Cluster Revenue Manager for each property within the cluster, taking ownership of the revenue goals for the cluster hotels, and influencing hotel teams and all stakeholders to drive revenue strategies.
- Approve all revenue and pricing decisions before implementation.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge regarding all hotels in the cluster.
- Review and track competitor set results on a daily basis to enable analysis of penetration indices and forecasting of competitor business.
- Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue-generating departments and understand the dynamics of the local market and demand generators; recommend appropriate actions relating to pricing and market mix based on this to the revenue room team.
- Collaborate with Meetings and Events teams on setting rates for groups and conferences; monitor and determine demand periods for function space by analyzing historical data, current bookings, denials, and regrets.
- Manage all channels (CRO, GDS, internet direct and indirect), including but not limited to room types and sell strategy. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the LIRG and managing TPI distributors in compliance with IHG standards and rules.
- Set strategic directions and revenue goals with the Area Revenue Manager and hotel team.
- Set key performance objectives (KPOs) and manage PDP for team members while ensuring succession plans are in place for talent pipeline.
- Train and support all hotel teams in the cluster on revenue system functionality and enhancement.
- Chair and facilitate weekly and monthly revenue meetings with hotel teams and other stakeholders.
- Maintain daily briefings with Sales, Finance, General Managers, and hotel teams.
- Ensure all contracts/products are loaded accurately into Holidex Plus and OPERA, and monitor accuracy and effectiveness of systems including Holidex Plus, OPERA, and PERFORM.
- Provide input to the annual budget process on all revenue/pricing/sales mix aspects.
- Be the guardian of the Integrated Business Plan (IBP) and ensure compliance with its rules and standards.
- Understand the composition of hotel profitability, conduct CPC analysis on all accounts to evaluate profitability of business and assist in rate negotiation/setting and completion of the annual Strategic Sales and Revenue Planning (SSRP).
- Champion special projects relating to market research and operational optimization (resource planning, costing, Key Performance Indicators).
What we need from you:
- B.S./B.A. in Business, Statistics, Marketing, or Hotel Management.
- Experience in a Revenue Management position, where analysis of numeric data and the ability to contribute to management decisions has been proven.
- Strong analytical skills and project planning/management skills.
- High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent analytic insight and view on driving revenue.
- Knowledge of InterContinental Hotels Group Revenue System is highly desirable.
What you can expect from us:
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.