|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Accounts / Audit / Taxation / Company Secretary|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 119437
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Your role will be included but not limited to:
- Assist and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Strategic Plan, Budget and KPO’s
- Obtain appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel and maintains an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations.
- Provide safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
- Follow up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval.
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures .
- Ensure financial control procedures and systems are ethical and legal .
- Manage hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts) .
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximise financial return .
- Create the annual operating budget for the properties and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts .
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the Area General Manager., participate in sales strategy meetings .
- Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers .
- Analyse ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determine if anticipated results were achieved .
- Maximise cash flow performance of the hotels through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances .
- Conduct monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with required procedures.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done .
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all the following qualifications and experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is an advantage.
- Experience in financial management, accounting, or auditing.
- Proven track record of successful financial management and strategic planning.
- Ability to manage financial operations for a large organization.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team of financial professionals.
- Knowledge of financial regulations, accounting standards, and tax laws.
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether