|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||HR / Industrial Relations|
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
We are Heartists®
“Heartist®” describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we’re connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what’s good for them- and good for the world.
Movenpick Hotel & Apartments BUR DUBAI
Movenpick Hotel Apartments AL MAMZAR DUBAI
The Assistant Learning & Development Manager (reporting to the Director of Talent & Culture Department) is responsible and accountable for the implementation and leadership of Learning & Development initiatives within the property, to establish a continuous learning, development and improvement culture. They proactively seek to implement L&D initiatives to improve the performance of the hotel, while complying with all Corporate, Area and local requirements. The execution of this role is to be in line with Accor vision, values and Heartist behaviours at all times.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Establishment Training Tools
- Compilation and updating of the requisite technical training manuals and tools per field, in collaboration with the Area Director of Learning & Development.
- Is familiar with Corporate Talent Strategy issued by the Corporate Centre and ensures that they are applied accordingly.
- Helps in coordinating and supports yearly performance reviews for supervisory staff together with the T&C Resources Department.
- Orders and organises distribution of Training Certificates.
- Ongoing information of arising problems or conflicts within the departments on a confidential basis.
- Evaluates customer needs from feedback of the guest questionnaires and compiles relevant measures for correction or improvement.
- Compiles course/training requirements and attendance.
- Compiles hotel inspection reports, on the job observance.
- Ensures proper course material and up-dated job descriptions for in-house Departmental Trainers are available for all departments. Continuously adapts them with relevant supervisors to their operational requirements.
- Counseling of supervisors/heartist in training matters (How to Train, etc.).
- Establishes monthly training, quality, and business summary reports according to Hotel's/regional office requirements.
- Implements MHR Learning & Development standards
- Co-ordinates up-dating of personal files of heartist together with the T&C Resources Department.
- Ensures that individual development plans are put together on an annual basis for Heads of Departments and below in the property
- Proper Quality Reporting and action planning implementation according to time frame.
- Training of in-house Departmental Trainers, and selecting of those to cover every required field
- Conducts co-ordinates and supervises all kinds of internal technical training and courses of the Department Heads and supervisors.
- Ensures that departmental training schedules are established every month in advance.
- Oversees the property induction process and programmes – including Onboarding and Heartist Culture
- Ensures completion of all training according to the company Training Matrix
- Evaluates and updates property training programmes and initiatives
- Identifies strategic partners for development and delivery of training when appropriate
- Drives e-learning within the property
- Follows up with participants of external courses (including Area Learning Forum and ACCOR Academy) to ensure learning is applied in the workplace
- Lead planning activities for Quality
- Lead a team of quality assurance committee that performs quality assurance checks. This includes hiring, skill development, and managing performance.
- Setting quality assurance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Conduct monthly Quality Assurance meeting debate planning and action plans, and discussing the quality status quo and areas of development.
- Monitor the guest feedback and staff performance and assess the pros and cons and assist finding keys to develop and maintain high quality.
- Assists in new hire or recurrent training delivery as required.
- Review Global Brand Compliance assessment and improvement reference with the hotel department heads and ensure setting and implementation of the action plans required.
- Promote quality and performance improvement throughout the hotel.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and deliver training.
- Gather relevant data and produce statistical reports in a monthly basis.
- Conducts internal Audits and inspections to ensure standards and objectives are met
- Coach and motivate managers and staff and display high influencing skills
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by management as required.
- Informs GM-HODs-Supervisors regarding important events and news from within the hotel operation to avoid misunderstandings and rumors/gossip.
- Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
- Activities shall be guided by the principles shown within the Learning and Development purpose and objectives.
- Takes personal care of a regular exchange of technical know-how with his/her colleagues from learning & development at Corporate Office.
- Familiar with the Trust You and Quality related systems
Learning and Development Audit
Learning & Development Budget.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Sustainability program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group’s success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we’re stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Fluency in English , additional languages are a plus