|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Customer Service / Reservations / Telecalling|
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
- Supervises and directs Concierge, Bell Desk activities and Bell Staff as well as Doormen, Valet Parking and airport transportation requirements
- Responsible for sorting and distributing guests’ and administrative mail
- Provides information pertaining to all hotel services, local places of interests, restaurants, doctors, sightseeing tours and any other information likely to be of the interest to guests
- Recommends first and foremost the hotel’s own Food and Beverage outlets before outside restaurants, with full knowledge of the outlets (e.g. cuisine, operating times, etc.)
- Ensures the lobby is always kept in an orderly fashion and that ashtrays are kept clean
- Coordinates the paging of guests in the lobby and Food & Beverage outlets
- Maintains the hotel information directory (function board) and ensures that the information is current and accurate at all times
- Prepares efficient work and vacation schedule for Concierge, Doorman and Bell Services, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and large group movements
- Ensures that all Concierge, Doormen, Valet and Bell staff are neat, clean and punctual at all times and that they perform the task assigned to them promptly and efficiently
- Handle problems associated with guests and liaise with department heads or executive management in the absence of the Director of Rooms
- Works with Director of Rooms in preparing the department’s budget; controls and monitors departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Works with Front Office Manager/Director of Rooms and Human Resource Manager to ensure productive staff performance. Duties include:
- Planning for future staffing needs and recruiting in line with company guidelines
- Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff
- Maintains a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and implements them through thorough on-the-job training
- Ensures training needs analysis of departmental staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet those needs
- Conducts probation and formal performance appraisal discussions; coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Adheres to OH&S policies and procedures and ensures direct reports do the same
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Solid interpersonal skills; able to ascertain and effectively address guest/employee needs
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with constant interruptions with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work
- Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management