|Published||November 16, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Job DescriptionJob Number 23202770
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
START YOUR JOURNEY WITH USJW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai welcomes you to the heart of the city's lively downtown district with modern luxury and award-winning service. Soaring above Sheikh Zayed Road, our bustling and dynamic 5-star hotel is one of the tallest in the world, consisting of two towers with 1608 rooms and boasts awe-inspiring views of the water and Dubai cityscape. Enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool or a workout in the fitness center before easing tired muscles with a massage at Saray Spa. Sample the flavors of the world at our 10 restaurants and lounges, which offer Japanese, Italian, Indian and Thai cuisine. For those planning an event in downtown Dubai, UAE our hotel offers 80,000 square feet of adaptable space, including a striking ballroom and outdoor venues. Explore, Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and Dubai Opera which are all minutes away.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO EVEN MORE
At JW Marriott®, treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we treat our associates. Because we believe it takes people who genuinely love what they do to create a truly extraordinary experience.
Here at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, we are looking for talented individuals, to join our amazing family and in return we are able to offer you the following:
- An amazing career opportunity to not just work with us but open opportunities worldwide with our extensive portfolio of hotels.
- Learning opportunities with some of the best professionals the region has to offer.
- We aim to promote our associates within as soon as the opportunity arises, so we hope to see you progress your career in line with our training and promotion schedule.
- A competitive salary with excellent benefits which include accommodation, meals on duty, Transportation, and:
- World class training and development, including leadership development.
- Recognition programs.
- Discounted accommodation in over 8,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 8,000!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars.
- Discounts for your friends and family.
- Unlimited career opportunities (Internationally and locally)
- Medical and Life insurance
- Amazing support to ensure you have all the tools you require to complete your day-to-day tasks.
OUR EXPECTATIONS FROM THE ROLE:
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Follow cycle time guidelines for all meals.
Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of assigned trolley & tray and ensure room & floor clearance done properly. Communicate with guests and other employees and ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Open and close shift in accordance with manager's checklist.
- Train, maintain and enforce all Marriott service standards using use records, menus and appropriate reference materials.
- Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
- Perform cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
- Ensure room service is fully staffed and able to handle volume of business; periodically check and assist as necessary.
- Provide floor coverage during all meal periods.
- Conduct taste panels and menu classes on a daily basis for room service.
- Complete scheduled inventories of supplies, food, and liquor to check stock and requisition necessary supplies
- Inspect storage areas for organization, use of First In First Out (FIFO), and cleanliness and rectify any deficiencies
- Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Ensure all side work is done on a daily basis.
- Manage an effective repair and maintenance program through the use of work orders, inspections, etc.
- Each associate expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.