|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Business Development Manager Arabian Adventures - Spanish Speaking (Portuguese and Italian advantageous) - 2100009S
Closing date: May 23, 2021
To acquire new business in accordance with Arabian Adventures sales process and systems to achieve agreed targets and to account manage existing clients. The Business Development Manager will present Arabian Adventures products and services in a compelling manner to maximize sales and profitability of new business in allocated markets. This position will manage Latin America, Spain, Portugal & Italy Markets therefore fluent, preferably native, Spanish fluency is essential. Portuguese and Italian languages are advantageous.
- Create the annual business plan for assigned market, update and adjust the business plan according to the market development,
- Market research and analysis for all assigned markets, review reports on Industry and Market Trends, Competitors Activities to take strategic decisions for the growth of the business.
- Develop and deliver a Marketing plan and activities in coordination with the Marketing Department,
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales, actively work on promotion and package campaigns to push sales together with related departments
- Define yearly calendar plan of communication per market and engage leadership team to ensure alignment with overall company message and business plan
- Define targets and account management strategy based on yearly production of Tour Operators,
- Accountable for maintaining and building relationships with all the existing and new potential partners and key high end accounts (> $1M),
- Build relationships with travel partners and existing clients to generate leads and referrals, as well as setting activities to maintain and strengthen the cooperation with them.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP?s) of the department, and dnata Travel and the Emirates Group, ensuring the highest possible service and safety standards in order to maintain and enhance AAs reputation as a leading Destination Management Company (DMC),
- Oversee the end-to-end process of the new business, including strategy setting, sales presentations, proposal development, follow up, contract negotiations (including financial and commercial terms and conditions), and engage leadership team to ensure alignment in each opportunity,
- Ensure smooth hand off of new business to the Implementation, Operations, and Client Services teams,
- Monitor Business on the books and propose sales/campaign initiative to boost production without losing sight of margins and profit goal,
- Attend Fam Trips, Trade shows, Sales Calls and events to promote the company products and services,
- Input and maintain accurate records and up-to-date Account/Contacts information on all prospects, target accounts, and new clients through the CRM tool,
- Keep record of sales initiatives and log those the CRM tool in order to measure ROI.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Commercial/Sales.Other 5+ Years
- Work experience in a sales, business development or management function in DMC, Hotel, Airline,
travel/tourism/tour sales (inbound) company;
- Understanding of, and experience working with, online tour operators and OTAs is essential.
- A proven track record of working according to sales targets/budgets.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the travel industry including the workings of tour operators,
DMCs, international markets, leisure suppliers as well as a working knowledge of the functions of travel
trade organisations and government tourism bodies. Evidence of a broad network of industry contacts;
- Travel Destination Management business knowledge is advantageous;
- Knowledge of the tourism industry and its global distribution sales channels, e-commerce, direct sales
and online marketing; knowledge of online sales & marketing best practices is essential;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Applications and CRM tools;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (additional languages will be a distinct
advantage and may be required for certain market segments); ability to influence stakeholders internal
and external to the organisation;
- Self-motivated, highly organised, pro-active and flexible;
- Familiarity with Country destination and product preferred;
- A proven capability to organise, distribute and complete work within a multinational and multicultural
Other languages besides English
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.